With the Olympics just round the corner I decided to take part in the Olympic Meme started by Bloggomy
Here’s how to join in… simply write your own blog post answering the Olympic questions below and then forward and tag other blogs you love to join in and share their answers. Don’t forget to share the love with links to the lovely bloggers you are tagging.
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Duvet changing, without blowing my own trumpet I’m awesome at it. I would break records in a timed duvet change no problem. The only part I would need to work on is making sure the buttons are at the bottom otherwise my OH shouts at me.
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
I was a pretty keen sportsman as a child but if I were to say which sport did I excel in it would be Cross Country running. In my heyday I ran for Stockport, Manchester and Derbyshire and won a few medals along the way. I also had trials for Derbyshire County Cricket Club once upon a time, but it didn’t progress any further.
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Michael Johnson, being a runner I was and am always drawn to athletics rather than swimming. Johnson had one of the most unique styles of running I’ve ever seen but boy was he quick, great commentator now as well.
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if you miss the alarm and sleep in?
I mastered the art of this in my early 20’s and once managed it in about 5 minutes, showered, dressed, hair the lot. I also managed to get dressed for work in my sleep once, kind of strange waking up sat on the sofa, suited and booted.
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Rollerball, if anyone remembers the film of the same name you will know what I mean. It’s basically a futuristic basketball game where the competitors are on roller blades or motorbikes. They also get weapons thrown in and it’s pretty much who ever is left alive wins. Would make an awesome Olympic sport would it not ?
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
No Olympian unfortunately drawing a blank on this one
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
100 meters finals always stick in my mind but the one that really stands out was Steve Redgrave and Matthew Pinsent winning gold for Redgrave’s 5th gold in 5 Olympics. It was a really great race and very emotional for them and to watch. I think Steve Redgrave really optimizes what the Olympics is all about for me.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
We applied for all kinds of tickets and events but lost out in the ballot for all of them so it’s tuning in at home unfortunately. Very disappointed as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity but was not to be unless we wanted to watch fencing…..not really for me that one.
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)
No brainer this one My Fiancée for being the best mum in the world and for agreeing to be my wife, who else would have me 🙂